Gerhard Fischer and Hal Eden: “Design, Learning, and Collaboration” — Spring Semester 2007
Assignment 15: Individual and Social Creativity
source: Fischer, G., Giaccardi, E., Eden, H., Sugimoto, M., & Ye, Y. (2005) "Beyond Binary Choices: Integrating Individual and Social Creativity," International Journal of Human-Computer Studies (IJHCS) Special Issue on Computer Support for Creativity (E.A. Edmonds & L. Candy, Eds.), 63(4-5), pp. 482-512. http://l3d.cs.colorado.edu/~gerhard/papers/ind-social-creativity-05.pdf
due: Mo, April 16, 10:00am
Briefly discuss the following issues:
1. what do you consider the MAIN MESSAGE of the article?
2. what was the MOST IMPORTANT IDEA FOR YOU in the article?
3. choose ONE of the environments which we discussed in the DLC class (e.g.: described in an article, presented in videos, presented in guest lecture) and describe its potential for “creativity”
4. what was the MOST CREATIVE THING you have ever done in YOUR LIFE? was it an act of individual or social creativity?
5. what was the MOST CREATIVE THING you have done in the context of the DLC CLASS (e.g.: in your independent research, in your project, in your answers to the assignments?)