Gerhard Fischer and Hal Eden: "Design, Learning, and Collaboration" ?Spring Semester 2004
Questions in Relationship to Beyond 'Couch Potatoes'
source: Fischer, G. (2002) Beyond 'Couch Potatoes': From Consumers to Designers and Active Contributors, in FirstMonday (Peer-Reviewed Journal on the Internet), at http://firstmonday.org/issues/issue7_12/fischer/.
Important – Role distribution: analyzers and summarizers for assignment 10:
1. La Meres, Brock Jerome
2. Randell Rivadeneira
3. Skalet, Andrew
The "analyzers and summarizers" can do their work individually or jointly
due: Wednesday, March 3, 2004
1. producers: please submit by 10:00am to the class website _ please be on time, so the "analyzers and summarizers" can do their work!
2. analyzers/summarizers: please submit by 2:00pm to the class website
Briefly discuss the following issues:
1. what do you consider the main argument of the article?
2. do you agree or disagree with the main argument? give a answer based on your own experiences?
3. enumerate in which situations
3.1. you acted as a designer/active contributor
3.2. you acted as a (passive) consumer
3.3. situations in which you believe you should have acted differently