Role-Play Reflection Assignment
Due 23 Februrary, 2004
(We would like to get your impressions while they are still relatively fresh in your experience. You may also want to use your reflections here to help you in selecting your project)
Questions from your perspective as a role-play participant:
- What were your impressions of your role-play experience?
- Were there any aspects of the role play that made you apprehensive?
- Did you feel that the role play contained any elements of what real users from a real neighborhood working on a real problem might have experienced?
- What do you think might have been lacking from the experience that would have existed in a real situation rather than a role play?
- Were there any ways that the technology aided you in reaching a decision? Were there any ways that it impeded the process?
Questions from a designer's perspective
- Do you feel that there is any merit to this form of assessment compared to more traditional isolated task-oriented methods?
- What insights do you think that might be gleaned from using this technique that other techniques might miss?
- What limits do you see to the technique?
- What aspects of the design do you think could be added, removed, or improved to better support the desired participatory outcomes of the process? These can be related to the technology, the social setup, the information provided, the process followed, or other aspects that you think are important.
Any other comments would be appreciated, as well!.