Gerhard Fischer and Hal Eden: “Design, Learning, and Collaboration” — Spring Semester 2007
Assignment 9: Design Methodologies
paper: Fischer, G., Ye, Y., Giaccardi, E., DiGiano, C, Nakakoji, K A.: “Converging on a Science of Design through the Synthesis of Design Methodologies”
we will split the members of the class into:
1. producers (students giving answers)
2. analyzers and summarizers (students evaluating the answers from the other students)
summarizers for assignment 6
1. Praful Mangalath
2. Corey Davis
The summarizers can do their work individually or jointly!
due: Mo, Feb 26, 2007
1. producers: please submit by 10:00am to the class website ‡ please be on time, so the summarizers can do their work!
2. summarizers: please submit by 2:00pm to the class website
Briefly discuss the following issues:
1. Choose one of the design methodologies mentioned in the paper and discuss its strength and weakness and which impact it had on your work
2. choose one other design methodologies not mentioned in the paper and discuss its strength and weakness and which impact it had on your work